William Maclay Mansion
|Artist||John K. Robinson|
|Location||Morth Front Street at South Street|
|Equipment||Canon PowerShot SD400|
|Posted||Sep 3, 2010|
This is the greatly-enlarged home of Pennsylvania's first U.S. Senator and son-in-law of John Harris, Sr., William Maclay (1737-1804). It started out as a farm house outside of town, then underwent Colonial Revival alterations and additions until it became the large building now housing the Pennsylvania Bar Association.
It's seen here, with the broad Susquehanna in the background, from the South Street parking garage.